Wednesday, May 4, 2011

WIP Wednesday: Lots To Tell!!



Wow, I haven't posted anything in over a week... sorry about that. I do have an excuse, however. I have been getting lots of work done!

First off, I have been editing and editing, and my hope is to have it all wrapped up within a week from now. Wish me luck. Right after that, I have to finish all of my title pages, copyright stuff, and recheck formatting.

Then I submit to Lulu and the paperback is ready to go! I'll get some ARCs and hopefully find a few book bloggers to do a review for me. ;)

Then, I have to remove the formatting from the entire thing.

"What?!?" you may ask.

Well, in order for Smashwords to publish in all ebook formats; it has to be completely undone and then reformatted to meet their specifications. Which are nothing like paperback formatting specifications.

Once that's finished up; it's time to set a release date and start self promoting like mad. There should be HOPs and interviews and contests galore, so keep a look out and tell your friends to come by, read, and follow.

Nextly, (no that's not a word but I'm all hopped up on fresh dreams and coffee) I made my own, possibly temporary, cover art. I dig it and am impressed with myself for pulling it off. (look on up to the top of the ol' page, just in case you missed it)

Also, I have finished the book trailer for The River Runes! Here it is:


(big thanks to Chris Nichols and Cycledown for letting me use their awesome song; Autumn Fades)

So those are a few of the reasons that I have been absent from the internet. Haven't Facebooked, tweeted or blogged in over a week.

I'm okay with it :)

thanks for reading,
buh bye then

1 comment:

  1. Your cover looks very cool! Well done you!!! And your trailer's not bad either... :D

    I've been seeing a lot of these book trailers just recently. I've never given them much thought before. Hmmm...maybe I should...

    ReplyDelete