Monday, March 7, 2011

Second Draft Finished!

Hey, it's Monday. Happy Monday!

So, the last week or so has been amazing. Not only has my mind been set to reeling by all the amazing stuff I continue to find out about the possibilities of self publishing, but I also finished up my second draft of "The City" (which is no longer the title, will update you with the new title soon). I'll post the updated word count and such at the bottom of this here bloggity.

Now it comes down to lots of editing. I snuck a peek of my gorgeous editor's notes page, and well, there are a lot of highlighted areas. Wow, but I think that's a good thing. I've been so attached to this book for a long (long long loonng looooonnnngg) time, and I believe a new set of eyes is going to really help me to button this thing down. (it doesn't hurt that those eyes are big, brown, and beautiful) Thanks for all your help, love. :)

Another exciting bit about all of this is that I get to dive back into Clockwork Charlie. This story has been pounding through my thoughts and dreams almost non-stop lately. I can't wait to get further into this one and see what comes out of it.

And now for updates:

First draft word count was 87,412
Second draft word count came to 86,727 (before editing)
Second draft finished! Clockwork Charlie is back into full time status :)

I think that's it.
Thanks for reading,
buh bye then

2 comments:

  1. It's true. You spend so long working over a piece that you become blind to your own errors. You need a second pair of eyes to find them and point them out to you (especially on those larger, novel sized pieces where errors can easily hide in page creases...).

    I hope there aren't too many, and I'm glad to hear Clockwork Charlie is coming to life...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very exciting, thanks for the kind words :)

    ReplyDelete