Monday, February 22, 2016

2/22/2016

I haven't had any coffee yet and the terrible night monsters which tug at my hands and feet to make them slow and clumsy are still very strong because there is hardly any light at all filtering in at this godawful time of the morning.  Still, I will try and put some thoughts here.

Good morning, afternoon, evening!
***

The US political world is on fire right now, and I can't look away.  I hate rubberneckers on the roads and freeways because they put people's lives in danger, but if Donald Trump were a 2009 Honda Civic t-boning the 1986 Plymouth Reliant that is Ted Cruz, I would certainly slow almost to a stop to watch it happen.  (This is why I shouldn't be writing in public forms before I've had coffee. You were warned.  I think.)

I mean, wow.  I'm very curious to see if the caucus system remains viable now that the world can really watch as downtrodden housewives flip coins to decide who they and all of their party compatriots are choosing to stand behind.  It's kind of ugly, and not in some filtered, instagram-famous way.  It's ugly to watch as half of a packed high school gym cheers while the other half is left grief-stricken.  It's almost as bad as being in a high school gym because you're actually in high school.  Almost.
***

I've been writing quite a lot, but I suspect that much of it heavy-handed or lilty and will have to be cut or boiled down.  And that's alright because it is how this whole writing thing works, I try and kill as much as I can so when my lovely editors come by with their hatchets, they don't get their clothes too messy.
***

Right now I am reading several things, mostly erotica.  Why?  Because I'm learning, or at least trying to learn.  I been working on building romance and sexual tension in my writing, and although I don't think it's horrendous, I know I could be doing better.  For me, that means reading and learning.  Here's what I'm reading at the moment: Puss in Boots by Melinda DuChamp, Adult Video by Lexi Maxxwell, and Fuck Buddy by Scott Hildreth.  Yes, they are all erotica and all very dissimilar to one another.  I'll admit I picked up the last one because I was thrilled that the writer had the guts to give his book a title so obvious and crude.
***

That's it for now.  Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment