Saturday, June 27, 2009

First Blog

So, I've just finished writing the fifth chapter of my first novel, and I've decided that it might be therapeutic to share some of my daily experiences and even some of my writing as I go. Although I have had a love affair with writing most of my life, I'll be the first to admit that I am not a professional. Until very recently, the idea of a daily word count never even occurred to me, and my writing habits were sporadic, at best.

I'd like to use this blog as forum for conversation with other, like minded folks that may be going through some of the same hills and valleys that I am. I would also love to be able to share ideas with, and have the chance to learn from others that may have already been where I am.

I will most definitely use this blog to vent. I mean, that's the point right? My writing impacts my daily life and my life definitely impacts my daily writing.

From time to time, I may share excerpts from something I'm working on so that I might get some idea of how others will see it.

I'm going to post this now, I want to see how it looks and find out more about how this site works.

Thanks,
Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment