Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Hobbit is coming!

Hey guess what. I'm a nerd, so we're going to talk a little about the Hobbit, which is finally making its way to being a movie. Yay!

Now, as far as movie recreations go, I believe the LOTR movies did an amazing job. I think that most Tolkien fans agree with me, and are most likely excited to finally be getting on with The Hobbit. (for those folks that say the movies didn't work, because, "where was Tom Bombadil?" Come on, let's just face it: Tom Bombadil was awesome, but really, how does the story go forward without anyone just handing him the ring and being done with it?)

I am excited for this flick, and growing more excited every time I hear about it. Martin Freeman (who you probably know from The Office, Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy, and a whole host of other film and tv parts) is taking on the role of Bilbo Baggins, and I can't think of anyone better. He's a great actor, with great timing, and I can't wait to see him filling out those big, hairy feet.

Cate Blanchett, Orlando Bloom, Ian Mckellen, and Andy Serkis(Gollum) will all be taking up their old roles in this prequel as well.

Is there a point to this ranting? Maybe. I'm excited and you should be as well. If you haven't read the books, read them, it will make all of the movies that much better.

That's it for now,
thanks for reading,
buh bye then

No comments:

Post a Comment