Thursday, March 17, 2011

What are You Reading?



Good morning, galaxy traveler. How are things on your side of the mirror?

I've been doing a lot of talking about my writing and self publishing and whoohaa, so today I'd like to take a break from that and talk about reading.

What are you reading right now? Have you ever read it before? Are you likely to read it again?

I am actually in the middle of re-reading The Crystal Shard, by R.A. Salvatore. It's been since high school, but it was still very easy for me to fall right back in love with Wulfgar and Drizzt and Bruenor and all the rest. This book has held up for me and is still worth the re-read more than ten years later.

Of course, even if it had become staunchy and boring, I would still finish it before moving on to something else. Why? Because I'm a book finisher. Even if I hate the characters by the middle of the book, and wish that they would die and take me with them, I still finish. It's a curse. I'm not one of those folks that can read three, four, or even nine books at time. I don't know why, but if I start a second book it just plain irritates me.

So, I'll go ahead and finish up The Crystal Shard, then jump into Streams of Silver, hoping that the series continues to hold up. How many books do you normally have going at one time?

Ok, that's it for today
thanks for reading
buh bye then

1 comment:

  1. I'm in the process of reading Chaz Brenchely's Outremer trilogy (Chaz who? I know...)I normally tend to read horrors. Stephen King is an all-time favourite, but since I'm a fantasy writer, I thought I should vary my reading on that subject too.

    Next? Hmmm...that's tough one. I have to be careful what book I pull from my book mountain for fear of it tumbling down on me - which is why I also read one book at a time. That way I can safely replace the one I want to read with the one I've just read...if you know where I'm coming from ;D

    ReplyDelete