Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Woman Troubles, Robots, and Chapter 2!

Good morning, good afternoon, or good night (whichever it may be). How are things?

I love writing about Mac. Who is Mac, you ask? Well, Mac is the robot in Clockwork Charlie. He is her sidekick, her friend, and the only family she has left (not going in much further than that at this point I'm afraid). It really does take me back to the sci-fi and fantasy stuff I read as a kid, C.S. Lewis and L. Frank Baum... The hero always had a loyal sidekick, someone they could trust, no matter what. There's a big part of me that misses that, misses the simplicity in it. Anyhow, it's lots of fun for me, even in a more adult setting like C.C.

Writing from the perspective of a woman... Needless to say, it is very different. I've written women main characters in my short stories before, but this is already a very different venture for me. One big thing I've already come across, is trying to write about a woman's body; without seeming lecherous. I think I'm staying on the right side of the line, but only time will tell, right? ;)

I'm very proud to say that I have been able to hit my 500 word goal every day, excluding the weekend. If I am able to write on the weekends, I'll use either my Saturday or Sunday to get a 2,000 word day in.

The count thus far, is at a healthy 4,125 words. YAY! (that is not sarcasm, just in case you were wondering) I have just climbed into Chapter 2, and I'm very happy with my pace.

Mmmm, the coffee is delicious today, but my cup is empty. Time to get away from this glowy box and get a refill.

I think that's it for today,
Thanks for reading,
buh bye then

No comments:

Post a Comment