Thursday, October 14, 2010

New Friends, Word Count, and Progress

Hey you! Gee, that is a very nice shirt. Is it new?

Wow. I have to say that I loved my first Blogfest! Thanks so much to Dayana for putting it on, and thanks to everyone who visited, commented, and even became followers of my blog. It was all very exciting, and I loved being able to read all of the other stories that came out of it. You can click HERE to check those other stories out, and see Dayana's latest blog.

Can't wait to find another Blogfest as fun as Animal Writes was! :)

And now on to something completely different! (or at least, kind of, a little bit different)

Writing continues for Clockwork Charlie (of course it continues, I just started!). I'm already really enjoying this story, and am totally in love with my MC. I think that's important; caring for your MC. You're going to be taking this journey with them, helping them, and even causing them pain. So it stands to reason that if you don't care, no one else ever will (at least, it seems logical to me).

What do you think?

Now, while I wrote my first novel, I wasn't in need of a full-time job. I was able to set a word count of 2,000 a day, and meet that goal. I loved it. It was incredibly freeing (and also too freeing at times, what with all the slacking).

I no longer have that luxury. I work a full-time job, and have lots of people in my life, that are fun and beautiful and wonderful. 2,000 words a day is just not a realistic goal right now, so I'm going to shoot for 500.

So far, so good. Clockwork Charlie is now at a healthy 1.788 words (I have no definite end number, though I'm shooting for somewhere around 80,000). I'll keep you up-to-date on my progress, wish me luck and lots of coffee :)

thanks for reading,
buh bye then

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ken....setting a realistic goal is a great thing. Hope you can meet your daily word count of 500 words. And Clockwork Charlie sounds good, makes us want to know more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping a consistent goal and continuing to write is way more important than the wordcount itself, so go you! And thanks for the linkage! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Rachna- So far so good :) I'll put up a basic plot outline soon, hopefully it will bring some early feedback

    @Susan- Thanks for the encouragement, and of course! I love your blog, why shouldn't others? :)

    ReplyDelete