Thursday, October 7, 2010

692 Words, a New Beginning



Good Morning, fun seeker. You're looking (insert something sexy here)-tastic today!

Wow, staring at that white page was daunting. I spun in my chair and clucked my tongue, made high-pitched groaning noises and tapped my fingers in a ghost pattern on the keyboard, without pushing them in. My girlfriend even laughed at all my craziness as she asked, "Is this part of the process?"

"Yes."

That first sentence is an ice breaker, it's my ticket into this new world, and it needs to be a good first impression. I probably spent more time tottering here, thinking about those first words, than I did writing. I'm okay with that, it was a beginning, and I think that this new world and I will get along just fine.

If you haven't already guessed, I started writing my next novel, "Clockwork Charlie," yesterday. I woke up with the bug, and got a quick outline written before I had to go to work (my day job- blech). I felt good about it, and it was a nice release; proof that this next story was ready to be told. I didn't really think a lot about it at work, it's just not a conducive environment for that sort of thing.

As soon as I got home though, I knew it was time to get to it. It went really well. I didn't reach any number goal or even really set one, for that matter, but I got started. 692 words, that's what this new beginning comes down to, and I think we're off to a great start.

Oh, and I got to reference TikTok, from the Oz stories, in my writing! How cool is that?

In other news, the coffee is delicious, and I'm hungry. I think I'll have some yogurt and Grapenuts. Mmmmm, foods...

Buh bye, then

1 comment:

  1. It's always exciting to start new projects. Before I even finish one, I'm planning the next - and the next...lol

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete