Sunday, October 3, 2010

Some Time Apart...

Well, hello there.

Right after I finished the first draft of my novel, excitement was overwhelming, and I didn't really think of much else. I was ready for edits and critiques and revisions. I was ready to offer my own critiques to friends and crit partners looking for the same thing as I was. It was all very exciting, a new era, a new world for a writer just finishing his first novel. I was ready for all the new steps.

Now, I'm ready to be writing again.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still very excited about everything and happy to be patient as crits roll in and editing trudges forward. However, I miss writing. So, it's time to get on with it.

I have quite a few steps left to really be finished with "The City" (name change coming soon) but I can't take any of those steps until I'm ready for revisions. Thusly, I will now step away from it. I will send chapters as crits come back, I will be patient and thankful to those that are sacrificing time and talent to help me out, and I will get those revisions done when the time comes.

For now, though, I need to write. It's a release, and I need it. It's a bit like breathing for me, and as much as I love to snorkel and look beneath the waves, I also need to know when to come up for air. And who knows, maybe a little time away will be good for us, "The City" and I.

She's very important to me, and I love her, but I need time to be my own man. I'm sure that she'll flourish away from me as well. She needs time to mature, to develop into her own story...

Ok, I think I took that metaphor a little too far, but you get the point. So, within the next few days, I plan to start work on Clockwork Charlie, and I'm very excited.

I think that's it for now,
thanks for reading,
buh bye then

No comments:

Post a Comment