Monday, March 9, 2020

Building a Review Crew!

Want the chance to read my stuff before it hits Amazon? Read on.


One of the first things I want to do in 2020 is build up a solid Review Crew. It's so important to get reviews on new books as soon as they launch. Heck, you probably weigh reviews highly when making a decision whether to try a new author or rely on an old favorite - I know I do.

Apart from helping to persuade people to give a new writer a shot, reviews help drive early sales which, in turn, means that Amazon takes notice and starts to market on my behalf. And no-one markets books better than Amazon. In order to make that happen I need to find a small team of Advance Readers.

It's pretty simple and is, I hope, lots of fun. It involves them being sent a copy of whatever book I've just finished and then, when it is published, firing up a quick and honest review. Simple as that. I've had early readers in the past who picked up errors that I was then able to correct and others have even suggested changes to the plot that I incorporated.

Aside from getting a copy of the book before anyone else, I try and say thanks with some nice bonuses. In some circumstances I'll offer signed print editions and there will, soon, be free audiobooks for some of my readers. I want to keep the team relatively small, probably only twenty readers to start with.

If you would like to get involved, please let me know. You can email me at Ken@KenLindseyBooks.com (you'll need to be signed up for the newsletter to join the team, there are links in the sidebar of this very blog!) or even by messaging me on any of my social media accounts.

Right now, to get the Review Crew off to a good start, I'm offering a free digital copy of each of my already available Gavin English Thrillers to everyone who joins by March 23rd (so, make sure to reach out before then if you want those freebies!).



Oh! Oh! And also...

I'm thrilled to announce that I've found a fantastic narrator, Neil Holmes, and To the Bone (to be followed shortly after by the rest of the series) should be available on Audible later this month. I'll be sure to let you all know when that happens, and I'm hoping to have some free copies to give away the day it launches.

Well that's it for now. Thanks for reading!

-Ken

1 comment:

  1. Dr Itua email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com and whatsapp nUmber +2348149277967 Dr Itua herbal medicines cure my herpes and hepatitis completely and it has been 3 years now there has been no outbreak, I'm so happy that I'm finally cured.
    Dr Itua can cure the following diseases; Herpes, Hiv, Copd, Diabetes, Parkinson, Hepatitis, Cancer, Lymes, Dr Itua Herbal Store www.drituaherbalcenter.com is very safe to use.

    ReplyDelete