Saturday, January 22, 2011

Wow, I'm A Slacker


Wow, it seems like yesterday that I set out to meet a blogging goal of Mon, Wed, and Fri. And yet, I haven't posted anything at all since mid-November. Hmmm, well I suppose there is some explanation necessary, though maybe not... :)

I got a new job, which has caused some of the hold up. I'm not going to go into it, but I am now writing for a living. It's a very loose translation of the dream, but it is a first step that I'm very happy with. And then, of course, we had those Holidays. Planning and family stuff, stress and finances... blah blah blah, I already said Holidays, so I'm sure you understand.

I am back now, however, ready to start right back where I left off. I haven't gotten any real work done with my writing either. It didn't really dawn on me until the other day when my amazing girlfriend looked at me curiously, and asked, "Why haven't you been writing?" It was a simple enough question, but I stammered a bit and realized that I had no real answer. I just wasn't.

Unacceptable.

It is time to get back on track. Starting Monday, I will be hopping back into a firm schedule that includes plenty of time for both work-writing, and real-writing. I am also determined to lose the Holiday weight I have gained (though it doesn't seem fair that it comes on so much faster than it goes off).

So that's it for today, I've been a slacker. Sorry if you missed me, I'll make it up to you, and to myself. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment