Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Stuck

I don't like throw out phrases like "writer's block." When those pages all start to blur together, sometimes you just need some space. A couple of hours away from what your working on, or even a couple of days away from your computer can help. Staring at the pages and cursing every time you have to delete what you just wrote, is not helpful... at least not for me.

And yet, here I am. I am stuck. I noticed I was stuck yesterday just after I started writing. type-type-type... delete... type... delete... type-type... "What the hell!!?" delete...

So I walked away. I spent the day just relaxing. I walked around town and tried to deal with some personal stuff (tried being the operative phrase here... I'm fairly certain that this stuff is the reason I'm having so much trouble... But, that sounds like an excuse) and didn't even open the thing again yesterday. I got up this morning, made coffee, and took a shower (all the things I do to get my brain going) and still, I can't get beyond this wall...

Well, I guess that's it for now. If you have any ideas about getting past "writer's block" feel free to let me know :)

buh bye then

No comments:

Post a Comment